September 1, 2017:
Nominations are now open for the region's annual Australia Day Awards for 2018.
These awards provide the community with an opportunity to acknowledge and reward outstanding groups and individuals committed to improving the lifestyle experience in our region.
The award categories that have been chosen give our individual communities equal opportunity to nominate those who have made special contributions to their local community.Award categories are as follows:
• South Burnett Citizen of the Year
• South Burnett Young Citizen of the Year
• South Burnett Community Organisation of the Year
• South Burnett Lifetime Achievement Award
• South Burnett Volunteer of the Year
• South Burnett Junior Cultural Award
• South Burnett Senior Cultural Award
• Local Achiever Award (Town & Rural)
• South Burnett Junior Sportsperson
• South Burnett Senior Sportsperson
• South Burnett Sports Administrator/Coach/Official Award
The official awards ceremony will be held on the eve of Australia Day, Thursday 25 January 2018 at the Murgon Town Hall.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from Council's website
The closding date for nominations is Friday 10 November 2017